Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tuesday a.m.


I can feel it coming on! It happens every few months or so, and I usually just go with it. For the sake of a faithful few, a righteous remnant, who enjoy coming here for a visit, I will resist the urge. What am I talking about? The thing that seemingly strikes most bloggers - the urge to stop doing it for a while. I'll try keep sharing a glimpse of my life each day, as boring as it is.

I guess you've noticed that I talk about a lot of different things, but I don't talk about everything; not even close. I keep a lot to myself. A lot. I tell my wife and children, on a fairly regular basis, "I am an enigma of a man." They roll their eyes, which I think means that they agree. A man of mystery, that's what I am. ha ha. A man of selected information to share for sure. I mean, I would have to kill you if I told you a lot of what I know, like the whole alien visiting me thing. Oops.

OK, see, I am making the cartoon come true. Yesterday was so beautiful! I took advantage of it to go for a midday run, which involved hill repeats. Wow, my heart has not pounded that hard for a while! The weather made it a little easier. I also went out for a very short bike ride. I have a friend's bike that I am trying out. I about decided it's too small for me. I felt a little scrunched and don't see anyway to fix that.

Later in the day, I worked out in the yard for a while. Then I grilled some chicken for supper. See, what an exciting life I live! Prior to, and mixed in with those exciting things, were a few phone calls and texts to check on people, some time at the church building, and some time at the Store. I picked up my wife for a brief lunch, which I love doing. I'd rather spend time with her than anyone else.

Each week I make a list of 20-25 people that I will try contact in some form or another. These are people that I probably would not normally run into. I hope you don't thing this is a legalistic list that I am going to check off. I care about each one and try to speak encouragement in some form or another. Probably more than half don't go to church with me/us.

Today I'm going to study old Simeon for a while, attend a funeral, go to Bloomington for a hospital visit, deliver a couple of coats to kids who don't have any, after picking the coats up at the Store, contact/see some people, and then cap the day off with an evening 7 mile run with my buds in Bedford. That's the plan...

OK.

2 comments:

Jason Petty said...

If you stopped blogging, how would I live vicariously as a fellow mystery man through you? haha!

I do enjoy your blog, it's a calming read during hectic days. Kind of like reading "Our Town". It's a classic! Simple yet profound.

Allen said...

Thanks Jason! You're a good man.