Monday, December 19, 2011

Monday

Good morning! It's the Monday before Christmas! Are you ready? I'm not, but I have a plan to get ready. That counts for something I suppose. Getting ready will dictate a little bit of a different week for me., that coupled with Rebecca and Luke being home, which is so, so nice! Lots of unusual activities this week.

The weekend was good. Uneventful really, which is very good. On Friday I managed to take a little time off. It's really hard to get down time for people who do what I do. We are "on call" 24/7/365, which is fine, and I think most of us think about what we do and the people we love constantly. Finding blessed distractions is important. The older I get the more I realize the importance of taking care of my self. That, in part, is what my running, cycling, and my move toward triathlon is all about. Kedra can tell you that I am at my best when I come home from doing these things, especially if I have done them with a group.

Friday, after finishing up a little prep for Sunday, I got on my bike trainer for a little more than an hour and did some core work. I don't really recall what I did the rest of the day. Luke and Rebecca were here, and so was Kedra. She wasn't feeling well at all. She stayed home from school. I think I did some reading.

Saturday was a nice 10 mile run with a good group. It was a beautiful morning to run: upper 20s and still. We had a few miles at 8 minute miles or below, which is really encouraging. I'm starting to train faster. After the run, some of us went to breakfast. Then it was back home for this and that.

Yesterday was good. It was so beautiful! Church went well, followed by nice meal. The Colts won! After the game I went for a short 5 mile bike ride. I have a new bike that I am trying to get adjusted, so that was a lot of fun. I've been saving my bus driving money, plus other extra funds that have come in over the fall. I've been looking around and found an great deal. The bike felt great yesterday!

OK, let's get this week rolling...

No comments: