Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thursday a.m.



Good morning! OK, class, let's compare these two maps. What is the difference? That's right! One is exciting and interesting, and the other is boring, very boring. Why am I showing these maps? It's a way of dealing with disappointment, I suppose. My big ambulance adventure, driving it from Mitchell to Honduras has now turned into driving it from Mitchell to Plain City, Ohio.

I still don't know all the details yet. I called a number given me yesterday and spoke to thick-accented guy about driving the ambulance to a hardware store in Plain City, the one behind the McDonald's. He said something about "the stuff," "the brothers," "the cartel," and a few other things I could not make out. Oh well.

Just kidding about the drug running references! All I know is that I will probably drive the ambulance to OH tomorrow or Monday, probably tomorrow if I can get everything organized. Evidently this guy works for a guy who knows a guy who has a friend who has a brother that has a truck his mother lets him use to drive to Honduras on a regular basis. We are supposed to load the ambulance on that truck.

OK, so all you people praying that I wouldn't be able to make the trip, you win! Plain City, OH! Plain City. Wow. The main thing, seriously, is that the ambulance makes it to Honduras and is put into service to serve hurting people. Marc wants me to fly down later for a transfer and dedication ceremony. I doubt I can do that for lot$ of rea$on$, although I would love to.

Today is all about preparing for Sunday and beyond. We had a great class last night, talking about giving thanks in all circumstances, which is what I Thessalonians 5:18 says to do. Really? How? We concluded that you can only do that if you have a long, faith-infused/informed, view of life that is marked by trust (faith) in God to redeem all things (Romans 8:28).

You probably can't say "thank you" in the midst of a terrible tragedy, but your faith informs you. You know that God can make something good come from the bad as he works in/through it. Sometimes it takes a long time, so we hang on and trust the best we can. God understands our doubts, questions, frustration, and anger, during those times. He keeps loving and pursuing us. Don't give up on him or yourself.  All who wander are not lost.


No comments: