Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday Morning

Hey! If you are reading this, then you have not blown away yet. Sure was windy yesterday! Weirdly warm also. As soon as school traffic clears this morning, I am headed out for a hilly 6 miler. I want to get it in before the rain arrives.

How was your weekend? Mine was fairly quiet, uneventful but productive -- my favorite kind! We stayed at home Friday night and got a few things done around the house. Kedra spent some time studying. She is working toward getting her teaching license, and should have that completed in about 1.5 years. She has a degree already, but not a teaching license. When she gets done she will be qualified to teach math. I'm really proud of her for working toward this. Once she gets a job, then I can pursue my country music singing career.

Lester showed up at bedtime on Friday night. Maddie was having a girls day out with her sister and a friend, based out of Bloomington, so Lester came down here. We got up Saturday and ran 10 miles in Bedford. The marathoners and others were only running 5 (recovery) miles, so we ran with them to hear all the stories. It's always fun to hear the reports. Lester, Tim G. and I did another 5 miles. It was very pleasant.

After the run, we came home to bacon, eggs, and pancakes. Yum yum! Then it was time for work. Lester and Ben went to help my dad with wood, and I got trash organized. I helped my neighbor Roger a little bit and got his trash also. After taking the trash off, I got on my roof to blow all the sticks and leaves off, tar around the chimney, and clean out the gutters. A couple of observations: 1) I love being on the roof with a leaf blower - makes me feel powerful.  2) I really need a new roof! I keep putting it off for various rea$on$.

We had a nice roast lunch, since Lester was home. Then it was back to working in wood. I cut up some really big logs and the boys man handled them onto the hydraulic splitter. It was so nice to have them do all that. Now I have a nice pile of split wood that I can stack this week.

Yesterday was a good day. It finished with a really good life group discussion about identity. How do you describe yourself? How do you answer the question, "What's your story?" Too many base identity on performance and what other people think. Shaky ground! If we are in Christ, then our identity is simple this: beloved children of God.

Today is going to be another busy one: run, meetings, lunch in Bloomington, hospital in Bloomington, and.... we'll see how much time is left. If it's not raining, then I will be stacking wood this evening.

Have you seen this?

With the lockout dragging on, many NBA players have called John Calipari asking to play for Kentucky so they don't have to take a pay cut.

That's funny!

No comments: