Friday, November 11, 2011

It's Friday!

So how was the week? Fine, you say? Fine. OK. Here we are waking up to another Friday. They seem to roll around so quickly. I was talking to a 94 year old this week, and I asked her if she was ready for winter. She made some comment about it coming and going so quickly, adding, "I've been around 94 years, so I know how it works." Did you see the snow flurries yesterday? I kept hearing about them and seeing comments on Facebook and Twitter and then finally, when I was outside working, I saw a few falling. It was strange that it was relatively warm, mid 40s, and snowing a little. The temps aloft obviously were a lot colder than on the ground. You know I love snow, so I welcomed the sight.

I enjoyed a nice 5 mile run yesterday morning, while the sun was still shining and before the wind started blowing too hard. Today will be a day off from running, and I hope to get my bike trainer set up and spend a little time on it. I am working on a deal to get another bike from a friend. If I do, then I want to give my present bike to Lester to see if he enjoys biking. I think he could be a fantastic triathlete. He seems to be a gifted runner but he's not realized his potential there yet. He knows how to swim, and once you've learned to bike you never forget, right? We'll see.

Yesterday I tried to visit Mitchell's recently defeated Mayor. He was out for a little while, so the mission was not accomplished. He's been good to me and to the ReGeneration Store, so I wanted to thank him. He also has been very interested in the Give Thanks 4, so I was checking to see if he would fire the start gun again this year. I am friends with the newly elected Mayor, and I am pleased to see that a spirit of cooperation between old and new is present.

Today I hope to get my sermon completed, along with the slide show and life group discussion guide. Lester is coming in late this evening to spend the night. Maddie is going on a little shopping trip tomorrow, so Lester is going to hang with us. He will join me and some others on a nice 10 mile run in the morning. I am really looking forward to that. Our New York City Marathon friends will likely be present to tell stories.

Catch you later...

No comments: