Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tuesday a.m.


Now that's a woman! Did you here about her? On this past Sunday a lady ran the Chicago Marathon while being 9 months pregnant! Guess what? She had her baby just 7 hours after finishing the race. You can read about it here. I thought I was tough - I've run marathons with hangnails.

How was your yesterday? Mine was fine. I got a hilly 8 mile run in yesterday morning. I will soon expand my Monday run to 10 miles, running toward Stumphole bridge from Spice Valley. It's a hilly course, but I want hills to become easy. Bring em on!

I spent some time, as I do each Sunday p.m. or Monday a.m., getting organized for the week. I use a legal pad to list everything. It's usually 2 columns and full. I list all the regular things I do each week, and then I add all the things I hope to do on top of that. I have a section for people. I usually write out about 20 names -- people I hope to see or have some contact with through the week. I add a column for my running schedule, and there is a list of things that I need to do around the house. I don't always get it all done, of course, so I carry some of it over.

Yesterday I got the call I've been anticipating. My friend's mother died. I was glad I was at a point that I was able to be there shortly after it happened. We gathered around here and had a good time of prayer and reflection. Life and death are such great mysteries. Ministry is most real, in my opinion, in the context of death. It's when our faith is challenged to become real. Do you really believe there is life after death? Do you really believe the words of Jesus?

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

I had shared this Scripture and several others with this woman on several occasions. She believed and died peacefully.

Today has a few exciting things in store! IU Health is giving our work in Honduras an ambulance today. That's a pretty big deal! Warren Crawford, who went on a trip last fall, has done a wonderful job in making this happen. He has worked and worked, and now all his working is going to pay off.

OK, I really need to get busy. I have lots of little things, and some big things, that I need to get done.

No comments: