Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thursday

Good morning! I hope you are well today! What happened to all that rain that was predicted? Maybe I missed something, but I don't think it rained much overnight. And why did they postpone the World Series? Wow, that looks fishy! ha ha Oh well... Now if that had been a big snow predicted and it didn't happen, then I would be disappointed. It's good a big snow did not come last night, however, because we are headed to Indy early this morning.

Ben is still having a lot of stomach trouble, so today he has an ultra sound and then the scope procedure. We are concerned about him, although on the initial visit, the doctor ruled out all the "scary stuff," as she put it. Even if his life is not threatened, his pain has been very real. Hopefully today we will find some answers. That's our prayer.

Last night was the conclusion of my time with the West Shoals Church of Christ. I really enjoyed speaking there again. They were so receptive to what I was saying and so encouraging. I miss them a lot. Being there brought back lots of very good memories.

I think we are making progress on our ambulance for Honduras. I spent a considerable amount of time on it yesterday. I modified the paint job some, with vinyl supplied by Todd T. Specifically the BMV said I had to convert it from an ambulance to a truck. OK. I did that by covering over the word "ambulance" and "paramedic" and "medical services." The key was having an Indiana state trooper inspect it and sign a form that the conversion had taken place. Since I have a friend and church member who is a trooper, this went well. He met me at the barn in Bryantsville and signed the form.

The only thing left now is to get IU Health to sign an affidavit stating they want the ambulance to be titled to Capstone Ministries. The person who needs to do this is out of town.  Please join me in prayer, specific prayer, that he will sign that paper Monday morning. I am supplying him with a packet of info. If he signs it, then I can go to the BMV on Tuesday, order a speed title, have it back by Saturday, and possibly leave for Honduras on Monday November 7th, which has been the planned departure date since last summer. I don't like coming down to the wire, but that's the way it's working out. Of course, everything could change...

OK, gotta get ready to go to Indy!


No comments: