Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday!

Good morning! I hope your weekend went well. I had a very nice weekend and will share more about it a little later on. Right now I need you to join me in prayer that I can get a piece of paper signed TODAY. If we can get this paper signed today, then I think we are on track to leave for Honduras on Sunday, driving our ambulance through Mexico and Guatemala. I believe I have supplied all the needed information and pressure that I can.

Last week was kinda crazy. We went to Indy on Thursday for Ben's stuff at Riley Hospital, and then we went back up to Indy on Friday for the rest of the weekend. Kedra took half a day off Friday, so we left early afternoon. I got a nice hilly 10 mile run in before we left, which was good since I ate quite a bit over the weekend. We arrived at Lester and Maddie's place in time to unpack our things, and then we made our way to Avon for my nephew's wedding rehearsal.

The rehearsal went well, and the meal that followed was quite good. When we arrived back at Lester and Maddie's place, Luke and Rebecca were just pulling in from Nashville. It was so nice to see them! Lester and I went for a 5 mile run Saturday morning, and then we all went out to eat at a wonderful pancake place. Following that, the wedding took over and various ones had to be at various places for various roles.

The wedding was nice. It was outdoors, cool, and a bit windy. I kept the ceremony fairly short and to the point. Ben arrived in plenty of time for the wedding. He had been at the IU football game. The wedding and the reception went fine, and we all returned to Lester's place to watch a little football and to get some sleep.

We all got up Sunday morning and gathered with the church at North Central. I always enjoy worshiping there and yesterday was no exception. After church we went out to eat. Following our meal, Luke and Rebecca left for Lipscomb, and the rest of us went back to Lester's for a little while. Then Kedra, Ben and I returned home last night.  It was really, in a lot of ways, an uneventful weekend filled with simple pleasures. That's the way, aha, aha, I like it.

Now, here we are - ready for a new day and a new week! A signature on a paper will determine a lot about my week!



No comments: