Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wednesday - the Long Day!

Man, I had a great time yesterday! I turned on all the lights and siren and got to Indy in about 35 minutes. It was awesome! Just kidding, though it was tempting to have a little fun with our new ride. Maybe later on?

Thanks to the hard work of Warren Crawford, this ambulance will soon be on its way to Honduras. Last year on a trip to Honduras, Marc Tindall mentioned to Warren and others that he would love to have an ambulance for Honduras. That's all it took for Warren to begin a relentless pursuit. He was not finding much, until one day at a ministerial meeting in Bedford he met the CEO of IU Health Bedford. Warren half jokingly said, "You guys don't have an ambulance you'd like to give away, do you?" As they say, "the rest is history." Wow!

This ambulance will be used, if I understand it correctly, to transport patients from one hospital to another one about 2 hours away. Right now patients are being transported in the back of pick-ups and mini vans. Can you imagine that? I'm sure it will be used in other ways as well. It will be a tremendous blessing to the people of Honduras. I will have a lot more details to share later. Yes, I plan to drive it to Honduras, but that's not as scary as it sounds. Once I have the details, you will see what I mean. I have to get the machine gun and rocket launcher fitted first. Just kidding.

Yesterday was a busy day -- lots of meetings and just stuff. I am WAY behind on my study and normal things. Today has to be the catch up day, but it looks pretty tight too. I have a couple of extra things coming up next week which is starting to put the squeeze on me. Time to get super-productive! I got up at 4.30 this morning, which helps out some. Of course that makes for a long day, which won't end until about 8.30 this evening. Not complaining! It's gonna be a good day!

No comments: