Monday, October 03, 2011

Here we go...

A new week has started! Ready? We can deal with the present because of what God has done in the past and will do in the future. Remember the gospel and your entrance into that story through baptism, and remember that the future is secure. It's all going to be great! The present is the problem, and the problems in the present are simply opportunities to grow in our faith.

I hope you had a good weekend! The weather was a little cool and windy on Friday and Saturday but yesterday was nearly perfect. Today is going to be even better. The whole week looks great and is why October is my favorite month of the year.

Friday I took a little time off to work around the house. I cut and split some wood and made a few minor repairs to our mailbox. I also read and rested some. After school I drove one of the football team buses to South Putman. The trip was a little shorter and better than I thought it would be. It was less than 2 hours and the roads were good. The football game was not so good. It was cold and windy and even rained a little, plus we got stomped 49-0. They were good!

Ben had a really good game. Hopefully it will be a bit of a break-out game for him. He had a tremendous tackle on our only kick-off. He also got to play linebacker in the 4th quarter and had several really good tackles.

I didn't get home from the trip until 1 a.m Saturday. We stopped at McDonald's in Spencer. I can't imagine how big a pile of the food those boys ate. One kid ate 5 double cheeseburgers...

Saturday morning's 8 a.m. run rolled around pretty quickly. I didn't go to sleep until nearly 2.30, but I got up anyway. I needed to get my 35 miles for the week, which meant I needed to run 12 miles. So I did, and it was a good run actually. I've learned over the years that I can often run pretty well on little sleep the night before. The key is the sleep the night before the night before! I slept well Thursday.

The rest of Saturday I did a lot of reading and took a nap. I was tired from the lack of sleep and from the run. Yesterday was all the usual things: class, worship, life group. Last night I went to see my friend and her mother who has terminal cancer. We had a good time together sharing in Scripture and prayer. On my way home I checked on Roger. I had unsuccessfully tried to see him earlier in the day. He wasn't doing too well, so I will spend some time with hiim this week.

I'm now ready to take on a new week! There are several projects that need some attention, plus I am plan to run 40 miles this week. I need to get going...

No comments: