Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wednesday a.m.

Good morning Don and Mike! Yes, I'm enjoying a really nice cup of Honduran coffee, actually 2-3 cups. So good! Good morning to all of you. For some reason I woke up at 3 something and could not go back to sleep, so I moved to my chair and dozed for a while. I think a nap my have to happen at some point today.

Yesterday was beautiful! I had an interesting and busy day. I made great progress on the ambulance acquisition. I went to the license branch and got the definitive word on what is required. The BMV gets a pretty bad rap most of the time, and some of it may be deserved, but the woman who helped me yesterday was very helpful. Instead of sending me away with a list of things to do, she actually began processing the title transfer and did everything she could to move the process along. She even printed out a list of what I needed and typed out a sample form with the proper wording! How's that for service?

Following my time at the license branch and all the errands and calls that it initiated, I went to the funeral home for a while. That went well, and we made our way out to the cemetery for a graveside service, which as went well also. Albert and his folks are so good to work with - consummate professionals.

After that I met with Darrin C. to work on the Give Thanks 4 race that we direct on Thanksgiving morning. I think we are in pretty good shape. The hardest part about directing a race is figuring out how many T-shirts to get and what size. A lot of people pre-register, which is so valuable, but a lot of people sign up on the morning of the race. Some races don't guarantee a shirt for late registrants, but that doesn't seem right to me. While we are not guaranteeing a T-shirt, we will do our best to have one for everyone. If you plan to participate, please go to the Mag 7 Series website. These folks making directing a race so much easier. They are great to work with.

I made my way to Shoals again last night. My good friend, Earl Wilson, wanted to go with me, so we made the trip together. I enjoyed his company. When we walked in the building, I was pleasantly surprised to see my good friend Pat Arthur and his wife Belinda. They decided to take a nice ride in the country and ended up at Shoals! It was very encouraging to see them. We had a nice evening together. On the way home, Earl and I stopped at Bo Mac's for ice cream. I also stopped there Sunday evening with Kedra, Ben, and Kaitlyn. On Sunday, I got a Rox Burger. Good!

Today is going to be a crazy ambulance day! I've got to chase down papers, meet people for inspections, do some modifications to the paint job, and a few other things.

Tonight is my final evening with the Shoals church. It's been good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Don to the rescue. The waking up at 3 is a by product of a guilty conscience,from your knowing Don and Mike would love to share in your bounty of Honduran coffee. Which by the way has not materialized, Yet!

Hope you have a great productive day.

Don