Thursday, September 08, 2011

Thursday a.m.

Oops, I missed yesterday. Sorry about that! I had an unusual day and it was unusually busy to boot. Today should be a little more normal, although I don't think there is such a thing.
Blogspot has made some changes in the way it does stuff, and I'm not that crazy about it. I just wrote that because it did something that frustrated me. OK, back to this post. I'm not going to complain about the weather, because it is fantastic weather for running. I will say that I would also really enjoy some mid 70s to mid 80s - ha ha. It was a little shocking to go from 102 on Saturday to mid 60s on Monday.

Yesterday I went to Terra Haute. Since it was farther west, away from Lee's messy weather, it was sunny and in the 70s. I enjoyed driving over there and back. I thought a lot of RAIN and href=http://allenburris.blogspot.com/2011/07/rain-report.html>my experience on that hot day back in July. I'm thinking I need to return to the little town 4 miles outside of Richmond and complete the ride one of these days soon. And I hope that everything next summer falls into place so I can do it again -- all the way this time!

Speaking of next Summer, we are in the process of scheduling our trip to Honduras. There is no perfect time, so we will pick some dates and go with them. We will try to avoid a few major things like Impact and Camp, hoping to have good participation from the youth group. I'm thinking early June, but I'm not sure yet.

I had a really good class last night. We talked about living hope. You might want to read href=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Peter%201&version=MSG>1 Peter to see what we were talking about. Several shared great stories that really helped all of us think through what it means to have a hope in a world where towers crumble. I'm going to talk a little bit about 911 on Sunday. It provides a good way to enter into the text.

Speaking of 911, the Vesper Service for the Persimmon Festival this year is going to include a 15 minute segment where I interview the five guys from around here who were in the Pentagon when the plane hit it. The featured speaker this year is Anthony Thompson, the great running back from IU from a few years ago. It should be a great evening.

My running is going well this week. I should be north of 30 miles before it's all over. I hit 30 last week.

1 comment:

Allen said...

Not sure what blogspot is doing with its html codes etc. The first time is simply linked back to the post. Oh well...