Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Labor Day Weekend 2011

I hope you had an enjoyable Labor Day weekend. It's hard to believe that we are this deep into the year already. Yesterday's temps were a cool reminder, however. It was more like a shocking reminder after seeing 102 degrees on Saturday -- quite a turn around!

Yesterday Kedra and I met Lester and Maddie to go to Rib America Festival. It was fun, interesting, windy, and a bit cool. We saw lots of interesting sights and tasted a lot of good food! We sat down to listen to the music but had trouble staying warm. We decided to walk somewhere to get some dessert.

Lester knew of restaurant at the end of the canal, which was probably about a mile from where we were, so we decided to enjoy the walk. We saw lots of interesting human sights along the way, including a tour of some sorts with all the people riding segways. Wow!

When we arrived at the end of the canal, the place we intended to enjoy was closed, so we walked downtown. We ended up at Champs, where Lester and Maddie decided to share a dessert. We were stunned when it came out! It was huge. Kedra and I share a relatively small piece of chocolate cake. It was a very enjoyable visit to Indy.

Before we went up yesterday, I ran with friends in Bedford. I had a good 7 mile run. It's amazing what a temperature drop does to speed and efficiency. This 7 miler followed a pretty good 13 miler on Saturday, especially since it was hot on Saturday. My running is coming along pretty well. I am working toward trying to break 20 minutes in the Persimmon 5K. I don't know if I can do that, but I know that if I don't try, then I for sure won't! I registered for the Monumental Half Marathon yesterday. A lot of my friends are going to run it, so it should be a very fun day.

OK, this week is going to be crazy, busy, since we had yesterday off... Better get after it!

No comments: