Thursday, September 22, 2011

Hello Thursday!

Good morning! Yes, I like being alone for a while in the morning, and I am not sleepy at all. I drink this wonderful coffee from Honduras. Man, it's good. Yes, I will bring you some -- the second Tuesday of next week.

I hope your week is going well. It's hard to believe that it's already Thursday! I got an early start to this Thursday -- up before 4.30. I have a lot going on today, including smoking a case of pork shoulders for my nephew's wedding reception. He got married a few weeks ago in Washington, D.C., so they are having a reception for local folks who could not attend the wedding. I was one who did not attend, because I was in Honduras at the time.

I have to leave my smoker 2-3 times today, which makes me a little nervous. I am not nervous about anything, except keeping the temperature right. I pretty well have figured out how to do that, but still... I have a meeting to go this morning. Back home. Speak at St. Vincent Dunn. Back home. Another meeting in town. Back home. This will not be a fun smoke; it's more a utilitarian smoke. Tomorrow I am smoking for fun -- ribs and chicken for my beloved children who are coming home!

Yesterday was a good and busy day. I had a nice time of study, saw a few people, including a couple of great gentlemen who reside at Mitchell Manor, said good-bye to a family I hate to see leave, had several phone and text conversations about life, and had a really good class last night. It all started with a good run in the rain early yesterday morning.

The next few days are going to be fun and busy...

No comments: