Friday, September 09, 2011

Friday

It's Friday -- that's probably a bigger deal for you than it is for me. For me, it just means that I am one day closer to the only day of the week I work. The pressure mounts! Actually I hope to get everything done today and have a little time this afternoon away from "work." I am driving the football bus to Eastern Greene this evening, so I need to mentally prepare for that -- ha ha.

Blogger is still driving me a little crazy. OK, that's my complaint for this post. The finish to yesterday was really good! We had a (very informal) banquet with ReGeneration Store people, past and present, to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. About 30 of us gathered at El Compadre to celebrate the Lord's blessing. We have had a great 5 years! It has been a blessing to provide jobs for several people, and we have had more than a half million dollars in cash register sales! That one is hard to fathom when you consider that most of what we sell is around $2. We have given more than $71,000 to those in need.

After the banquet, Kedra and I made our way to Spring Mill Park. Kinley D. wanted to be baptized there. When we arrived there was a pretty good mist and a pretty good crowd. The water was wet and cold, as was the air, but that didn't matter. I love baptizing people in the creek and have had several in the last couple of years.

I am looking forward to a 14 mile run in the morning. I'm sitting on 20 miles this week so far, so I will get close to 35 this week. The temptation to run 1 more mile is always present! I will probably resist. It's just a number.

I hope you have a great weekend!


No comments: