Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thursday a.m.

How's it going? I'm still in an adjustment mode -- kinda strange time. Rebecca's not here but Luke is, and Lester was around yesterday. But I know when it all shakes out, Ben will be our only child around. This reality will be experienced in 2-3 days. We are looking forward to more focused time with Ben. In the meantime it's one day at a time and no routine. That's all good.

Sunday I am going to discuss the book that I've pictured. This is not the kind of book I usually read, but I had so many people asking me about it, telling me I needed to read it. So I read it. It's a quick, easy read and very interesting! I'll tell you what I think about it on Sunday.

Yesterday I had a busy and unusual day. Since Lester was here, I went for a 5 mile run with him. We had a great time and a great conversation. I'm so proud of the young man that he is. Then Lester and Luke did some remodeling work in our basement. I stayed out of the way, in my office, working on some things. They did a great job.

We joined Kedra and Ben for lunch in town. Ben was 16 yesterday! After lunch I went to the nursing home for a visit, did some work in the Store office, had a meeting with a billboard guy (Store is going big on advertising!), and then went to Bedford to meet with a lady who is dying of cancer. Following that I had a meeting with some of our Honduras folks. Then I helped out with our Wednesday night kids' program. Kedra brought me a bite to eat in the middle of all that.

Today is going to be another different sort of day. I have several unusual things going on. My post-summer routine will begin on Monday! While I look forward to the next few days, I am ready for a routine.

No comments: