Friday, July 15, 2011

Yikes! It's the day before RAIN! Actually I'm not that nervous. Yet. It's different than a marathon where you don't want to stop and you want a certain time. This ride, at least for me, is simply about getting it done. You take short breaks along the way. My biggest concern right now is hydration and nutrition. Both of those should be manageable, but it is supposed to be pretty hot and humid. I get really tired of drinking and eating during long rides, but it is vital to do so.

We are going to Terra Haute this evening to spend the night. The ride begins at 7 a.m. and ends in Richmond whenever you get there. My goal is to do it in 12 hours. We'll see. I'm not sure how many calories I will burn during the ride, but I think it will be around 5000.

I have all my Sunday stuff ready, so that's a relief. Hopefully I will be able to function on Sunday morning after a long Saturday. My 100 mile ride did not seem to take that much out of me, so I am hoping that I feel good on Sunday.

No comments: