Monday, July 11, 2011

Good morning! Surprise! I feel like writing a little this morning - not sure what or how much...

We got back last night from 10 days away, which is one of the longest stays away we have had in a long time. We left on Friday July 1st and went to Kedra's folks in Huntsville, and then on the Monday the 4th we headed to beautiful Orange Beach for the rest of the week. We returned to Huntsville Saturday night, went to church Sunday morning and after lunch made the trip home.

It was good to be away. I took a techo-fast, meaning I did not take my computer and did not check email, Facebook, or Twitter during my time away. I did receive a few tweets on my phone and had a couple of text messages, but for the most part it was a break from all the usual stuff. I loved it! When I checked all my messages last night, I was pleased to see that I did not miss anything crucial. I may have missed an opportunity to teach a class this fall, but maybe not. I am at peace either way.

We did not do much on our time away, which is my idea of what a vacation is. I am not much of one who likes to go away to do all kinds of things. Having said that, I do like to run etc. This time I took my bike. I found some great places to ride and logged 125 miles, including a 50 mile ride from Alabama over to Florida (sounds impressive but it was only 6 miles to the border). The roads were great! It was hot though! The dew points were way into the 70s, which made it very very humid. I managed to run 24 miles along with the biking.

RAIN (Ride Across INdiana) is this weekend. I think I am as ready as I can be. It is not a race, so there is not much pressure to perform. I just have to get it done, and I believe I can. It should be fun. I know some of you think that's sick, but, hey, some think shopping is fun!

I've got less than 3 weeks until I travel to Honduras, so that's going to be my focus over the next several days. That and trying to get organized, figure out where everything is and what's going on, etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back!




Pat A