Friday, July 22, 2011

Fry day

I think yesterday was the true Fry Day. Today does not seem as bad as yesterday. It's still a fry day!

Yesterday I got back on my bike for the first time since Saturday. Tim S., Frank, and I did a nice 32 mile ride. A couple of others guys joined us for a few miles. It was a nice relaxing ride, but it was really hot and humid. The good news is that I did not require medical care.

Today I am working on getting ready for Sunday and a few other things. I am going to be at Camp next week most of the time. I am going to smoke meat for everyone on Tuesday, and I will probably smoke something everyday for some of us. I said all that to say that I am getting ready to get my smoker ready. I am really looking forward to all of it.

We leave for Honduras a week from today. Yikes! That last sentence really smacked me around into a near panic. I'm OK now, but, wow, the trip is coming quickly!

We have some exciting Honduras news. Thanks to the persistence of Warren Crawford, IU Health Bedford (BRMC) is donating an ambulance to be shipped to Honduras. Someone else is going to pay the shipping, so it's a really nice gift all the way around. It all came about because Warren Crawford had a conversation with Marc Tindall. Marc said an ambulance would be so helpful in Honduras. That was all it took for Warren, an amazingly persistent man, to begin the successful quest.

I went for another 3 mile run this morning. I was pretty drippy when finished but it went well. My focus has now shifted to running.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: