Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Slimey Morning

I think I've about stopped sweating! I love it when you get out of the shower and you still sweat. Oh well, I suppose it's fresh and clean sweat.

I was sweating because I went on a short run this morning. The dew point must be really high today. This weather is weird and crazy, but it's all we got. Enjoy! It sure is nice sitting in an air-conditioned office now.

Yesterday afternoon, around 4.30, I began a 50 mile bike ride. Talk about hot! I need lots of training time/miles in the heat in preparation for riding across Indiana. It will take all day literally, so I know I am going to have to endure the heat of the afternoon sun. Yesterday I rode about 20 miles and then met up 7-8 other riders. They were doing a 32 mile ride, including a pace line. You can read about all that HERE. They pace line at crazy speeds, so I usually avoid it. Looks like we will develop a slower line in future, and I will do that.

I enjoyed the ride out and back in with the guys. I turned around near Bromer and made my way back to the place of finish for the pace line. After they finished, we all rode in together. Then we went to Wendy's and had a nice time of replenishing.

It looks like I am going to try do an 80 mile ride tomorrow. I am hoping to meet up with some others for part of it. I will start early to beat some of the heat.

This evening I am speaking at a church in Bloomington and am looking forward to it. I need to get busy preparing for that.

No comments: