Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Transition

The old song says, "life is filled with swift transition..." It may not always be swift but it's always happening. This time of the year is one of those for me, and it always seems to unsettle me. I think it has to do with school ending and all the schedule changes. I always enjoy it but it takes a few days to get used to it.

I hope to do something this summer that I have a really hard time doing: relax. Even though the summer is relaxed, I seem to always place pressure on myself to get ahead on a project or prepare for something in the fall, etc. It usually ends up being a point of frustration before it's over, so this summer I am hoping for a one day at a time approach. I will do plenty of work, hopefully a lot of reading, but I am not going to strive to conquer any big project.

This last year has been crazy, hectic, productive, and a host of other things. I need to cruise through the summer with faithfulness to the day to day duties. This I will do, along with lots of riding and some running. I am going to be gone a fair amount also. It's all good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too am going to try to relax. Take more days off, spend time with family and de-stress, as much as that is possible. Praying we can do this together.


Pat A