Thursday, May 05, 2011

Missed a day

Sorry about not posting yesterday! Let me explain my excuse. Of course I am not under contract to do this, and so far no one has paid me. Oh, that's right - I do it for free! Anyway...

I had a really good smoke on Tuesday. While smoking I got a lot of stuff organized for our disaster response trip to Alabama - lots of texts, phone calls, emails, facebook messages, etc. [There are too many ways to communicate right now, in my opinion. Not everyone uses the same method, which makes it harder. The days of one email to everyone are over.] I also got to look over our Honduras trip and container stuff; both are moving along.

Tuesday late afternoon/evening I took the smoked meat to church, and a few people gathered to pull the pork. The perk in this is that you get to eat it as you go. I got interrupted a couple of times by phone calls, which is fine, and I ended up going with Darrin C. to get a pick-up truck load of stuff for the container. Good!

Yesterday I had a 6.30 breakfast meeting with Jason P. from Washington. He loaned me his Rosetta Stone a while back. He asked if I was using it, and I had to confess that I was not. We met so he can give to someone who will hopefully use it. It was good to see him and catch up.

Then it was off to Indy to see a couple of people in two different hospitals. The plan was to see the first one around 9.30 and then wait for Lester to finish his final final exam at Butler. I had about a 2 hour window to run the Monon trail. The plan was to run 7-8 miles. As I was about half undressed I made a disturbing discovery. I had my shoes, sox, vest, gloves (42 degrees and windy!!), hat, and shorts... wait, where are my running shorts? Not present! You can't run without running shorts and not get arrested (Google "Flying Pig Marathon no shorts taser").

Now what to do? I immediately set out to go buy some. Long story short: I bought a camera at Wal-Mart instead; did not run. Missed a day - which I do not like. Oh well I've been thinking of this camera purchase for a while. It was small, relatively inexpensive camera I can take to Alabama and biking.

I had lunch with Lester at the Spaghetti Factory. He just finished his final final exam at Butler! Wow, where did the time go? He now has a year of rotating in/out of different pharmacy contexts. He has to write reports about each one and then do a final research project. Then next May he will be a Doctor of Pharmacy.

After my "Lester time," I headed home, took the trash off, came to Wednesday Evening Meal, taught my class (if you could call it that), came home and crashed. Now it's time to start all over again. Going to Indy again today to help pick up running packets with Jim Sowders. Before that: sermon prep, National Day of Prayer event, and hopefully a short bike ride. Tonight is the runners' packet pick-up at Mr. Gatti's. I think a lot of folks are bringing running shoes for the container.

Better get after it...

No comments: