Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Container Tuesday

I don't know how many times I loaded that container last night! Today we are supposed to transfer everything from the semi trailer to the container that will be shipped to Honduras. I dreamed about it all last night. I spent a significant amount of time yesterday getting ready.

Luke, back from Guatemala for a few days before heading to Nashville, helped me build a platform that will bridge the semi trailer and the container. We got the forklift from the store and used it lift the bridge into the trailer. We moved the heavy metal stairs around to make it possible to put the bridge in place. We will use the forklift to lift the heavy and awkward eye exam chair. And we got two more things yesterday that will require the forklift.

A doctor called yesterday and said he would like to donate 2 exam tables. Four of us went and got them. They are pretty heavy, so the forklift is going to be a big help with them. The container is going to be pretty full. I was skeptical early on, wondering if we would have enough to justify the cost. I said all along that it really was a "faith thing" for me. God has proved faithful in spite of my little faith.

The last few days have been kinda crazy. Friday I attended a Social Media Bootcamp in Indy with Doug Pagitt. Doug is one of the leaders of the Emerging Church movement. I found him very interesting and helpful. I learned some things that will help me. Saturday was the big bike ride. Friday and Saturday night we had social engagements.

Sunday we had a breakfast at church, Bible class, worship, a graduation open house, and a graduation dinner. In the midst of all that I performed a wedding ceremony. It was a pretty busy day. Of course Sunday is the only day of the week I work, so I am not complaining. I will have six days to rest up.

No comments: