Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thursday

Hey, how are you? I know a lot of people have been without power after the recent storm. We lost it for about half an hour, so we are thankful. We lost it right at the beginning of the storm so I had no way of checking radar. This led us to make a move to the basement - a rare thing. I usually ride out the storms upstairs, especially if I can watch them on radar and see what's going on. Needless to say, we survived just fine.

Yesterday's weather was quite a shock to the system, wasn't it? Tuesday was not that warm but still... Low 40s and wind was just not that much fun. Oh well we will take what we get and enjoy it; at least we should.

I'm in a different routine this week, and that's fine with me. Our faith tradition does not celebrate Holy Week but it does come into play as we prepare for Easter Sunday, knowing that there will be a larger crowd. We try to make our Sunday assembly more directed toward those who rarely come.

I am looking forward to this weekend. Lester, Maddie, and Luke are all coming home! Saturday night we will have a nice meal together. Ribs! I am starting to get psychologically prepared for smoking. I strive to become "one" with the smoker, the wood, the meat... Most of you won't understand. It's OK.

Biking is going to be a challenge tomorrow. I was hoping to ride 40 miles, but the forecast is not looking too promising. I signed up for a 65 mile ride at Crane for Saturday May 21st. I would like to get a 50 miler or two in before then; shouldn't be a problem if the weather starts improving in the next week or two. Running is going fine.

Back to work...

No comments: