Monday, April 04, 2011

Monday, Monday

Here we go! It's game day! I will be up way past my bedtime tonight watching the Butler Bulldogs win the national championship. Why does the game not start until 9.23 p.m.? It's all about money, I'm sure.

Let's see...where were we last? I think I was getting ready to head to Nashville. We did and had a good time. Time with Earl L. is always so valuable. We went down to TN on Thursday afternoon and returned Friday night. Rebecca stayed down there until yesterday. She got to meet her future roommate and some other girls that will be attending Lipscomb with her this fall. She is so excited and so ready to be there. Senioritis - big time!

I did the usual things all weekend: run, church, etc. Now, I am hoping to get a run in before the storms hit. I'm watching the radar; could be interesting. I hope to get back on the bike this week. I got a new tire and got it on over the weekend. I am ready to roll!

Our Honduras trip is shaping up pretty well. I think we have our team pretty well set, so I am getting excited. The semi trailer in our church parking lot wakes me up some at night. How are we going to get it filled? This is a huge faith project for me. I need that, I believe.

Lately I have been pondering what it means to live by faith. Do I do anything in my life that really requires faith, or do I rely mostly on my own ability and intelligence? I wonder about the same for church. What do we do that requires faith? I know there are lots of ways to look at walking by faith, but I am wondering about the aspect that requires us to go beyond what we think we can do. How and where does that show up?

No comments: