Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday

My family.

Friday! Here we go. I'm sleepy from watching all the pre-royal wedding coverage. NOT! So I wake up in the 5 o'clock hour and turn on the TV to catch some weather. What do I see? Royal wedding. Click (next channel). Royal wedding. Click (next channel). Royal wedding. Click (next channel). Wow!

I am little sleep deprived today. Kedra and I attended the Mitchell Chamber of Commerce dinner last night. The ReGeneration Store received a nice award during the dinner, so I, along with a couple other board members, was there to receive it. The food was good, and the speaker, Lowell Grissom - Virgil's brother, was captivating. I could have listened to him for a long time. He did a masterful job of speaking and showing video. It made me proud to be from Mitchell. Also, Grissom's parents were faithful members of the church where I work. They were very kind and humble people. It was nice to talk about them with their youngest son.

It has been an unusual week or recognition. Monday Bryantsville Hunger Relief Project was recognized on the floor of state house of representatives and I was priviledged to be there for that, and then last night. Both Capstone Ministries (ReGen) and BHRP are really neat works that only work because of many many people who do all kinds of things. I am glad to be associated with both of them.

The sermon is not done. BOO! Oh well, I will try finish it, along with the slides, this morning. I also need to move about 20 mattresses from Camp. We are going to ship them to Honduras. Then I have a lunch meeting with an elder or two and a man from the Center for Congregations. We are trying to figure out how to best use the space that our two church buildings provide. This organization, funded by Lilly Endowment, provides grant money for studies.

IF I can get everything done today, I hope to ride my bike mid-afternoon. I have 27 miles of running for the week so far, and I plan on getting at least 8 tomorrow. I am going to Louisville to watch a lot of my friends run the Louisville marathon and half marathon. I figure I'll jump in and run some miles with some of them. I hope to provide some encouragement.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Family Picture Allen



Pat A

Anonymous said...

obviously Ben didnt get the "memo"
:) his big brothers should treat him better