Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Tuesday! I have observed over the years that Tuesday always follows Monday. I know, I know! Yes, I am quite amazing, now that you mention it.

Yesterday was an interesting day. Yawn. I woke up and got up at 4.45. Why? I don't know, but I was ready to go and didn't slow down all day. I got some good study/research done in prep for my preaching text and for my new Sunday morning class about prayer. Then I got to play in the mud (and other stuff) as I helped my Dad and Ben load some cattle.

Then it was off to the Store. There I found that I needed to help get a couch that someone was donating, but I had a couple of meetings first. I met with Wayne and then Wayne and Gary in my office. We are having really good meetings about our future. I think we are about to enter into a period of renewal and good, healthy change.

Back to the Store! We couldn't get a hold of the donor, so I decided to just go and knock on the door. I took Ryan, Penny's grandson, with me. We found the donor and the couch. Loaded! Ryan and I stopped at Dunbar's for a bacon burger (one each), which is on sale this week. Good! Saw 4 people from church there eating, and I talked to Dwight a little bit. He is interested in what we are doing in Honduras.

Back to the Store to unload the couch and then back to the office. I got a few more things done, including moving a paper along that I am writing for the Lilly Endowment about my sabbatical experience. They want the paper to be a resource for future applicants. I hope to finish the paper today. I just have to get a few footnotes finalized etc.

After some office time yesterday afternoon, I went home just long enough to change clothes. Then it was off to Bedford to meet my beloved running buddies. We met at Jim Sowders office at 5.05, which I guess is the standard meeting place/time for Mondays. [This was my first Monday run with them.] I ran with them because I was scheduled to pick up Ben from driver's education in Bedford at 6.15 or so. It worked out well.

Ben has driver's ed for the next 4 weeks each evening, Monday through Friday, from 4 to 6.30ish, which means I may do quite a bit of evening running. I do not like running in the evening on my own, but group runs are a different story.

Ben and I got home around 6.45 and had supper. Reading. Background TV - I really like Pawn Stars! This surprises me for some reason. Ben has been watching it, and now I am paying attention to it. Popcorn. Prepped coffee maker for this morning. Bed.

See what an exciting life I lead?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like watching Pawn Stars too. Maybe it's because there is always a little history lesson thrown in.

John H.

Allen said...

I think you are right, John. I find the history stuff quite interesting, and I find the owners and their family dynamic quite humorous. Compelling characters they are.

Anonymous said...

We watch Pawn Stars as well, and American Pickers. Some of the items they show are very interesting. The shackles that belonged to Houdine were very interesting, and so was the "expert".

I am so glad you were able to point the cycle of Monday, Tuesday, that has always confused me....

Pat A

Allen said...

Tomorrow, which is Wednesday, I will reveal the stunning truth that Wednesday follows Tuesday. Stay tuned! Tell your friends.