Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sibbitt Hearing

Wow, it has been a long day! I went to the Dr. Sibbitt hearing at 9.30 this morning, thinking it would be over a little after lunch. Clearly I was wrong. They took an hour break at 12.30. After resuming at 1.30, it was still in progress when I left at 6.45 this evening! My guess is that it will go one for quite a while.

It began with opening statements, followed by the police officer on the witness stand. He was cross-examined. I am not a fan of defense attorneys... I'll just leave it at that. The rest of the day was people testifying to two things:

How good Dr. Sibbitt was/is
How bad the officer was/is

It was still going on when I left. At one point the attorney for the school board made a motion to not listen to all the witnesses because they were all saying the same thing, but the defense insisted on hearing them all. They have that right, but it sure was boring.

OK, I need to catch up on all the stuff that I missed all day...

No comments: