Saturday, March 05, 2011

It has been a good weekend! Yesterday I attempted to take a day off and mostly succeeded. Seems like there were a few more calls than usual, but that's all OK. Last night Kedra and I went to Bloomington to celebrate 27 years of marriage (on the 10th). We started out by one of the most romantic things we could do - we picked up my bike from the Bikesmith. Then we went to Texas Roadhouse, which has been the place of many of family celebrations. It was good, as usual. Then we went to a movie. That's a lot for us!

Today started with the Let's Go 10K. I was not very motivated but did it anyway. I had a decent run but much, much slower than last year's 45.00 minutes. Today I ran 47.31. Nothing was on the line, so I did not push myself. I'm trying to figure out what I am doing. I spent SO MUCH physical and emotional energy on qualifying for Boston last year. I think I need this year to rest and recover. I think focusing on the bike and riding across Indiana will be just what I need. I plan to keep running quite a lot but not put too much pressure on specific races/times. That will change next year.

Ben had a really good run. He ran sub 45, which qualifies him for Level 2 seeding at the Mini. I achieved Level 2 last year by running sub 1.40 in the Mini, so that was another reason I did not need to run fast today. Ben is going to be challenged in the next 3 weeks. He starts driver's education, which is going to be every evening from 4 to 6 or 7 p.m.

Well, time to shut this thing down. I think I am about ready for church tomorrow, just a couple more hours in the morning and I'll be there. Hope to see some of you there.

No comments: