Monday, March 28, 2011

Are you ready?

Wow, that's a question you can take in lots and lots of ways! Are you ready? Ready for what? I had two pictures to choose from this morning. I chose this one because it best fits what I am thinking about this morning, that is, I am ready to take off on a very busy week. This one is going to be a little more challenging than most.

Part of the challenge this week is the preaching text from Mark 13. Is Jesus simply talking about the destruction of Jerusalem and its Temple, or is he also talking about the end of the world? The message either way comes down to the question:

Are you ready?

There is so much going on in the world--earthquakes, tsunamis, freakish weather--that some see as "signs of the end." What about you? What do you think? Last days?

Are you ready?

Am I ready for this week? I have possibly three unusual events this week. The first is the Dr. Sibbett hearing on Tuesday. Let's see if I have this right? He got arrested for several things, claims he did nothing wrong, sues the school because they no longer want to employ him, and is getting paid while he is suing us. Yes, I think I want to go hear about this.

I am probably going to Indy this week to see someone who is likely going to have surgery, and I am hoping to get everything under control so I can go to Nashville with Rebecca and Kedra on Thursday, right after school. Rebecca wants to make another visit to Lipscomb to talk to the education folks. I want to go so I can spend time with one of the most amazing people I know, Earl L.

OK, sounds like I need to get busy! I am ready!

No comments: