Sunday, February 20, 2011

Honduras Day 8 Feb 2011
[Made it back home around 1 a.m.]

I am in Houston presently, waiting on our flight to Indy. Everything today has gone very well. We had our breakfast at 7, and then Marc Tindall picked us up around 8 to go to the children’s home for a little while. Big-hearted Dan distributed more toys to the girls and boys. Dan is so amazing. So much compassion.

There is a young lady who works at the children’s home named Pamela. She is 25 and very sweet. Sadly her husband was killed in an accident about a year ago. Several folks have taken her under their wings to care for her. Soon she will move into a new adobe house (costs about $4500). Today I was able to give her 2 of Elizabeth Root’s hand-knitted blankets. One for Pamela, and one for her son, Manuel. She was very grateful. We ended up meeting at the airport, since Pamela was in the city taking a class.

Before we went to Marc’s I got to tour Julio’s house. Julio has done very well. He is a retired engineer. He also makes the most amazing tables. The tops are from cross sections of really, really old trees. The legs are also made of wood. Beautiful!

I will try summarize the trip on the next post. For now I need to work on my report that I will present in church tomorrow. Hope to see some of you then and there! Everyone is welcome of course.

Thanks again for your prayers!

1 comment:

Marc T said...

Pamela sent me a text last night about 10 and it said that she and Emanuel were both snuggled in their new blankets.