Tuesday, November 30, 2010

This week I am thinking a lot about mystery, which is the next word in my/our Advent sermon series. Mystery. This one could be challenging, which is fine.

I am wanting to connect mystery with doubt, but I can't seem to find much about that. Here's what I'm thinking. I am thinking about Joseph, especially, having a lot of doubt before he finally bows before the mystery of what is happening with his girl friend, a pregnant virgin. Mary, the pregnant virgin and girl friend, has (less) doubt (“how can this be?"), but she too allows the mystery to be a part of her life.

Doubt is OK, maybe even good, if we allow it to lead us to trust, which has to have an element of mystery, right? The journey to mystery begins in doubt and finally confesses that we cannot figure it all out, so we trust. Both Joseph & Mary have angelic help to accept the mystery and accept the doubt. I don't know; what do you think? I read an excellent article about doubt yesterday.

I had a good day yesterday. The weather was so pleasant! I got a 5 mile run in before heading over to OCU-B. It was good to see my students again. I'm not sure how they did it, but they got me talking about my trip to Russia. I told them about this experience and a few others. It was fun remembering.

Yesterday we also had a post-race meeting. We want to make the Give Thanks 4 was one of the best races in the region. We shared a lot of good ideas for improvement.

Today I am driving a bus to Indy. Why? Because I am a nice guy! Ha ha! Well, here's the deal. I have been so blessed to be able to drive team buses when my kids are playing, so I feel like I should give back some. I think they have a hard time finding people to drive field trips, so I agreed to do this one. The good part is that I am going to connect with Lester while I'm waiting on the field trip to the Children's Museum to end. I also hope to read and run; not at the same time.

Must go...

No comments: