Thursday, October 28, 2010

Twittersphere

I've mentioned before that I along time ago established a Twitter account (awb330) to "follow" a few friends. A few months ago I decided to start tweeting. It provides an outlet, along with Facebook, to say a few things on my mind or to react to certain things I that observe. It's kinda like a lite version of the blog.

My criteria for following people is fairly simple. I need to be interested in what you are thinking/saying. I follow a few "big name" people but only if they share quotes. I don't care about where they are speaking or what they had for lunch (ha ha).

Here are some good sample tweets that meet my criteria:


From RickWarren (love him or not, he knows how to craft quotes):

God wants us to build our lives on his great purposes & promises, not petty rules.

Whenever God gives you a check in your gut,stop IMMEDIATELY! Dont just slow down, STOP & LISTEN! It's saved me many times.

Ps.46:10 "Be still and know that I am God" means sit down & shut up. You cant hear God if you're never quiet.


From Greg Boyd:

"What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (Ja.4:14). Life isn't a dress rehearsal. THIS IS IT!

From CSLewisDaily:

No one can settle how much we ought to give. The only safe rule is to give more than we can spare-C.S. Lewis

From Shane Clairborne:

Most good things have been said far too many times and just need to be lived.

Go and ask my enemies, or the poor, or my neighbor and if they say I am a Christian then I suppose I’m a Christian.

The great tragedy in the church is not that rich Christians do not care about the poor but that rich Christians do not know the poor.


And finally from me, awb330:

My 100th tweet. Wow. I want to say something so profoud and witty, but here's all I can come up with: "I Tawt I Taw A Puddy Tat."

No comments: