Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thursday is the day that I try to get ready for Sunday. I've been thinking/studying toward sermon prep all week, and today is the day I strive to put it all together. In my collaborative approach to preaching, the Wednesday evening discussion of the text is key. Last night's class was interesting and helpful. We talked about God's wrath, especially as it is revealed in Romans 1.

In addition to sermon completion I hope to get my slides for the slide show completed, a Life Group discussion guide ready to print, my Sunday a.m. class prepared, including a handout. It's a lot but I think I can do it today. I have to stay focused.

I am really wanting to take Friday off. I used to take Fridays off, but lately that hasn't happened; Thursday's work spills over to Friday. I can't seem to get everything done. I know I need Sabbath time, so I will pray for a good day today. I did not sleep very well, due to a cold. I think the Guatemalan coffee I am drinking is going to help me get through! ha

Today is a day off from running. I'm sitting on 24 miles for the week and hope to have another 50 mile week before its over. I will either do 4 or 6 tomorrow, followed by 20 or 22 on Saturday. Monumental is 7 weeks from Saturday, so I am entering a very crucial time of training. I have about 5 weeks to really work and 2 to taper. I hope to see some significant improvement in the next few weeks. I need to.

We are now the proud owner of a Ford station wagon. Unbelievable! Ben is devastated, and Rebecca just giggles. Kedra is happy with it, and I am OK with it all. Our van blew a head gasket right before we left for Honduras in July. We had our mechanic put the "stop leak" stuff in it, and it has held. We don't have a car payment and didn't want one, so we decided to spend 2K on a car. It's a long story but we traded our van (full disclosure of problems) for this little wagon that looks pretty good. It's a "stepping stone" car; next time we will upgrade a little further. My truck has 230,000 miles, so I am thinking I may to replace it sometime. I've been driving the beastly Bronco some. It always gets interesting looks. Now that I think about it, people are always staring at me.

OK, time for breakfast...

No comments: