Monday, August 30, 2010

Trying to get back into a routine...

It's been a good day so far, and there's more to come! I got up early (5ish) and did my usual routine of reading and being quiet for while. We sat down for a quick family breakfast, and then I took off. I dropped some stuff at the church building and headed out to the Park for a 10 miler. It was cool enough, but the humidity/dew point made things less comfortable than last week. Oh well...

Back to the building for a quick shower and a little more reading and check-in with the wonderful food pantry workers before heading over to Oakland City U to teach a couple of classes. In between classes I had lunch with Pat A., which is always an enjoyable thing to do. After my last class I stopped by the gym for the first time in a few months. I have to work on my core and upper body some. I left there and got home a little after 4, I think.

Supper is about ready, which will be followed by JV football. Ben had a great game last week, but he ended up with some bruised/cracked ribs. He's not sure when it happened; he had several hard tackles and got hit pretty hard a few times himself.. He did not dress out Friday night but plans to play tonight. I hope he is OK.

I have entered into one the busier phases of life, which is OK. I seem to perform better when I am the busiest; seem to get more efficient. My running is going well. I have managed to average more than 40 miles a week during the heat wave and hope to enter the 50s this week. The marathon is only 9 weeks from Saturday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it was good to see you today as well! Glad you are back blogging.

Pat A

Allen said...

Well, a little update on Monday...

Ben re-injured his ribs, so he is out for at least a little while. We got killed last night, 54-0, I think. This is becoming the usual, it seems. Seems that our goal is to not get beat too badly.

"O Lord how long?"

[Sigh.]