Saturday, July 03, 2010

Day 3 Honduras 2010

Today the following worked on houses: Aaron, Becky, Darci, Steve, Drew, Hannah, and Liz. They all had good, successful builds.

Laura, Lester, Kedra, Maddie, Rebecca, Linda, Midge, Beth, Jake, Teresa, Lou Ann, Rita, Melissa, and I all went to Didasko children's home. There we conducted a VBS, had a medical clinic, and I did some teaching to the adults. It was a busy, tiring day. We are tired but satisified that we did good work in the name of the Lord.

We had quite an adventure getting out to Didasko, which is more than an hour from where we are staying. The driver took us right through the narrow streets that are lined with all kinds of vendors. It was really fascinating to see all of it. Sights. Sounds. Smells.

As we were climbing one of the very long hills I could smell the bus getting hot. Before we reached the top of the hill I started hearing the engine knocking. About then we got the top of the hill. On the next climb the knocking got louder. I am not a prophet but I said, "The engine is going to blow." I was right. See photos. We were stranded on the side of the road for a while. We were blessed to be pretty close to a little road side food stand (and restroom).

A replacement bus came in a little over an hour. I was surprised how quickly it came. By the time we got to Didasko there were people everywhere waiting for the medical clinic and VBS. I was touched because a couple of little girls that I met in January saw me. They came running and gave me a hug. All the kids are so beautiful and sweet.

Tomorrow is Sunday, and I am not exactly sure what we are doing. I'll let you know later.
Honduras Summer 2010 Day 3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures and a great work. We continue to pray for the work you are doing.

Pat Arthur

The Mundy's said...

Thanks for the great pictures and updates. We are praying for all of you that God's love will come shining thru and many people will be touched.Nobe and Phyllis