Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Wednesday

The Nashville floods are almost unbelievable! We've been communicating with Luke some. It's been crazy down there. He had a final exam postponed and spent a fair amount of Sunday working with other students helping people with flood issues.

Luke will be home late tonight. But not for long. He leaves Saturday afternoon to go to Guatemala for almost a month. While there he is going to help construct a mission compound that will be used to serve the poor. He'll be back in time to work for Crane this summer.

Went to the doctor this morning. This is a rare thing. I went because I've been having some pain in the back, where I think a kidney is located. They ruled out any kidney problem, which is good. The pain is likely muscular and associated with my major marathon cramp. I have a high tolerance for pain and can run with it, as long as I know that I'm not doing any damage.

I ran 3 easy miles this morning in the Park. Simply Beautiful!

We were supposed to load out a semi today with bales of clothes from the ReGeneration Store, but there was a miscommunication between the buyer and the trucking company. Maybe tomorrow; probably Friday. Did you know that there is market for baled clothes, used shoes and purses? The market flucuates. Right now the prices are good, so we are pretty excited about selling this load. It will provide a lot of dollars that can be used to help people.

About time to go pick up Ben...

No comments: