Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thursday morning

Luke called from a mountain top in Guatemala last night! I guess some of their work of installing a solar-powered phone charging station worked?? I don't really know. He was using someone's phone. All I know is that it was great to hear from him. He'll finish his nearly month-long mission next week and be home on Wednesday. Can't wait to see him.

Smoked meat on Tuesday and yesterday! Brisket on Tuesday and pork yesterday. We had nearly 80 people show up last night to eat it, and we made more than $1400, thanks to some generous donations. The money goes toward building houses in Honduras.

My running is getting back to normal, which feels really good. I have 16 miles in 3 days and plan to hit the 30 mile mark this week. I want to slowly move that up to 40 miles per week over the summer. Bike riding is going well also. Still haven't fallen over. I know I will; just don't know when. I rode with some hard core guys Tuesday night. Fortunately for me I had to turn around before they got serious. I had to be at school function, so I cut the ride short.

We are heading to Huntsville tomorrow to see Kedra's parents. Kedra, Ben, Rebecca, and I are all going to participate in the Cotton Row Run. The girls will walk the 10K and Ben and I will run. I have no idea how I'll do; don't really care. I just want to enjoy the weekend and relax some.

No comments: