Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday morning

I love Sunday mornings in Huntsville. Since we are on central time, I am up WAY before anyone. This morning I went out and sat in the garage and watched the morning unfold. No traffic noise; just birds waking up. I enjoyed a (small) pot of strong fresh coffee. I watched a chipmunk scurry across the driveway. I read from the Psalms. Life is good.

I love my job, but the week after week of striving to say something significant and meaningful while being true to the biblical text is a pressure that never goes away. As soon as one Sunday is over, I am thinking about the next one. A break, like today, is so wonderful. I can go to worship this morning and not be distracted by all the things that I am usually responsible for and thinking about. After a week off, however, I will be eager to jump back into the normal routine. Like I said, I really do enjoy my job.

My Sunday morning set-up, pictured above, includes two lawn chairs - one to sit in and one for a foot rest. The cooler is there to hold my Kindle, coffee, a book (Eats with Sinners - Reaching Hungry People Like Jesus Did), the Huntsville Sunday paper, and my glasses case. My computer is discreetly hidden in the garage (and so am I right now).

Probably more later today. Stay tuned.

No comments: