Thursday, May 06, 2010

Smoking & Sermonizing

Another multi-tasking day. Smoking, which is very relaxing, mixed with sermonizing, which can be quite stressful -- not a bad combo. I have the smoker strategically located where I can see it from my desk.

Inside the smoker are a brisket, 2 chickens, and a rack of baby back ribs. The brisket and chicken are for mother's day. The women folk of the family have decided that the men should do all the work, so my contribution is smoking meat. The ribs are for this evening. Luke is home from Lipscomb, so we'll celebrate with some ribs.

I am using a combo of hickory and apple wood on this smoke. I started out with hickory and am adding nothing but apple. I have an abundance of both. I also have a nice stash of mesquite from Texas. I use it sparingly because it's precious to me. Yes, I am nuts. Oh, that reminds me, I would love to have some pecan wood. It is supposed to be good smoking wood.

The weather for the Mini in Indy on Saturday is looking great for running! Not so great for spectating, which Kedra and Luke will do. It will probably be in the 40s most of the time. I'm not running today or tomorrow, hoping I can gain some more recovery from Louisville. My back muscle is still a little messed up; hopefully it will clear up and not give me problems on Saturday. I don't want to be "special" again.

OK, time to get back to work! This Sabbath study is wearing me out (irony). I am really going to need to rest.

No comments: