Saturday, May 29, 2010

Saturday


We made it to Alabama without incident. We let the kids leave school at lunch yesterday so we could beat all the holiday traffic. It was still pretty heavy. As we approached Nashville it was really backed up on the interstate, so we decided to stop and eat at Cracker Barrel. Our original plan was to get through Nashville first, but they call me "Bil," because I am so FlexiBIL. Stop laughing! It was a great stop. The food was good, and by the time we got back on the road the traffic was flowing good.

This morning I got up early and ran 6 miles in the humidity. Then the next activity was eating breakfast at Gibsons. This is a regular activity, and it is always good. Country ham is really good for you! The salt helps keep your blood pressure up. You certainly don't want your blood pressure to get low. That's my philosophy.

This afternoon Ben and I went on a good bike ride. We road to the Tennessee River and then along it for a while. We stopped at the gas station above for Gatorade and Doritos. Not sure what to make of the "Pure" sign out front; couldn't quite make a connection with anything around the premises. There was a friendly Asian guy running the store, dealing with various rednecks who stopped in for beer and/or fishing worms. He was very observant. I know this because as we left he said, "Have a happy riding." I said, "thanks, you too." Not really. I did say, "thanks."

Ben rode 21.25 miles and me being me wanted to go 25, so I did. I dropped him off and went a few more. I really enjoyed it. It was a lot fun spending time with Ben. It wasn't fast but it's done. It provided valuable "seat time," which I need to toughen me up. Mental toughness and other kinds.

Luke is still in Guatemala. He is supposed to leave there Tuesday. Have seen what all is going on down there? They've had a volcano that closed the airport. Hopefully it is back open, but now there is a tropical storm (near hurricane force) that is supposed to hit Guatemala about Tuesday. Luke doesn't have to report to Crane for his internship until Monday. He should be able to get home by then.

Well I am sitting in the garage watching it rain and "borrowing" some kind neighbor's unprotected wireless internet signal. Hey, my machine connected to it! I hope that's not stealing.

Better go. I think the internet police are lurking around the neighborhood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would imagine that the bike seat does toughen YOU up mentally! HA!

That PURE sign might be for an old brand of flour, I may be mistaken though.

Pat A