Monday, March 29, 2010

The Week Ahead

Here it comes! Another week. I think I'm ready, but it is going to be a very busy one. I have a few extra things this week, which is not unusual. I've been down this road so many times that I know that everything will work out, get done and be fine.

Here's a pretty cool verse (1 Peter 1:3-6) that links Resurrection and Birth:

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.

My Life Group helped me find that one. Last night we brainstormed Easter some. It was good and helpful. I am working toward a theme of the Resurrection being real in real lives. I am in the frustration stage that usually leads to something creative. Been down this road many times also.

My schedule calls for another, and the last, 50 mile week this week. It will end on Saturday with a 15K (9.3 mile) race. Next week I begin tapering, although I plan to run one more 20 miler a week from Saturday. I'm now beginning to focus my mind on April 24, seeking images and techniques that will sustain me through 26.2 miles of hard running.

I am looking forward to warmer weather this week. The forecast is looking pretty good!

I hope to stop in here from time to time this week and talk a little about what is going on. Even if no one reads it, it helps me! ha ha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read.. and look forward to this blog..

Allen said...

Thanks!