Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Numbers

Tonight was tempo Tuesday. I was 2 seconds slower for the first 2 miles but several seconds faster on the last one: 6.47, 6.47, and 6.38. Next week I'll shoot for a consistent 6.40 pace.

The temperature was 60 degrees! That was nice.

Tomorrow I will have been married 26 years! Kedra is wonderful, and I could not be blessed any more than to have been married to her for more than half of my life (met that point last year - 50 years old/married 25 years). She is beautiful, and she loves me. That last part is pretty amazing! I am not worthy!

My computer finally bit the dust today. Booo! I knew it was going to happen sooner or later. Todd is working on getting me a new one. I don't get very excited about a new computer. It just represents a lot of work of reloading everything and getting used to a new machine. That's sounds like a complaint, and I don't really mean it that way. I guess I am saying I was quite content with my old machine. In the meantime I am on the family computer.

Luke comes home this weekend! His spring break is next week. He wants some smoked baby back ribs on Saturday night. I am more than happy to help him out!

Lester and Maddie are in Orange Beach, AL. He is on spring break this week, and Maddie took a few days off work. I am so happy for them having some time away. I told him that I wish I be there too. He didn't too excited about the thought. ha ha.

Tomorrow is the long day. I have a meeting in the morning, followed by some study time. I'll visit a couple ladies in nursing facilities on my way to OCU-B. I'm giving a test tomorrow, so that means I'll get away from there a little quicker. I think I'll run tomorrow afternoon and then go the gym. Then I'll have a little more time to read. The meal at church, followed by my class will round out the day.

OK, that's enough rambling for now...

5 comments:

Jason Petty said...

Darn it. I saw the title "Numbers" and thought you were going to do some exegesis on the OT book. Love me some Numbers!

Allen said...

Funny you say that! I've been thinking about this kind of stuff: studying OT books. I am actually toying with the idea of doing a class on Leviticus. Really.

Why? I'm not exactly sure why, but maybe it has something to do with this. It seems that we spend a lot of time talking about ourselves and how we are doing spiritually etc. Maybe we need to look at some of the strange stuff in the OT and try figure what's going on with it. Who knows what would happen?

johnheat said...

Happy Anniversary. Congratulations on 26 years.

Allen said...

Thanks!

Jason Petty said...

I like the idea of the OT study on the books of the law, with a twist on present day application (not as law but as God's ideal). We (I) often internalize my spiritual life, like you say. Exodus thru Deutoronomy are the complete opposite. They focus on how to honor and obey God with our lives. The spiritual health of our lives will fall into place if we honestly made that top priority. As I get older and continue reading through the Bible, those are actually becoming more of my favorite books, minus the gospels, Romans, and Acts.

Go for it!