Saturday, March 27, 2010

Dawging and Blogging

Watching Butler and blogging. I am too A.D.D. to just watch... I really want Butler to win, but if they don't it won't ruin my day. I do feel some connection to Butler, since Lester is a student there. We usually spend some time around Hinkle Fieldhouse when we visit Lester. He works for the football team and does some filming for the girl's basketball team. Hinkle is a really cool place.

Another Saturday and another 20 mile run. They are getting easier and faster. I think today's run was close to an overall pace of 8.15. This is just 3 seconds off the mile pace required for a Boston qualifying marathon. Several more miles, a little more speed work, tapering and rest--it all should add up to a good day on April 24.

After I got back I took the trash off in the Bronco. I love that thing! I took Ben with me, so we had to venture off the road just a little. Fun.

Keith Dillman came by to discuss his upcoming political campaign. He is seeing several people today. He is a good, honest man; a man of integrity. We had a nice visit.

I am really wrestling with what to say on Easter Sunday. There is so much to say, but on that day--a day with lots of visitors--you want to say the best and most appropriate thing. I am looking for some good thoughts connecting the Resurrection and new birth, since we are going to dedicate babies that day.

Tomorrow's sermon is about Andrew who was probably usually known as "Peter's brother." He was a guy who lived in the shadows. There are only three stories where Andrew does anything, and in each story he simply connects people to Jesus. He doesn't seem to know what to do, so he simply takes them to Jesus. Not a bad approach.

I spent a little time reading about the Catholic Reformation, which was in response to the Protestant Reformation. It's pretty interesting stuff, and it is the lecture for Monday's class. Test Wednesday.

No comments: