Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Running in the snow

Another sign that I'm nuts (f0r at least some of you): I absolutely love running in the snow. And that's what I did this morning. It was wonderful!

As I watched the forecast late last week I really was concerned that running might not happen today or tomorrow, so I went long yesterday: 12 miles. Then I got to thinking that I could probably get a run in this morning before the snow got too deep. I ran from the church building and managed to slog out 5 miles. The streets in town are pretty much empty, so I was able to run on compacted snow. It was pretty good footing.

I made my way over to Doc Hamilton Blvd and ran from Rabbitsville Road out to Highway 37. I was actually exploring a course for a new race that will be held in Mitchell on Thanksgiving morning. The Give Thanks 4 race is going to be a part of the Mag 7 series, and I think we will have a good turnout. Maybe our slogan will/should be: RUN, eat, sleep... We'll see. We're hoping that a lot of people will want to get some exercise in and maybe the college kids and others who come back into to town for Thanksgiving will want to run.

Back to work...

2 comments:

Jason Petty said...

I drove through Mitchell today for work. I looked at the snow and thought there is no way Allen would be running in this, because I know I wouldn't. Guess you really are crazy!

Allen said...

Indeed. Thanks for noticing. Ha!