Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year!

I had a dreamy experience of bringing the new year in. Yes, that's right, I was asleep! I've seen enough of them. I also knew that I would leave the house at 7.30 this morning to go for a run in Bedford with a group of people who are working toward running the Mini in Indy. I think about 25 people ran this morning. Most of my usual partners were there, plus some new runners and a few walkers. In the photo I am the 3rd from the left, in the red jacket.

It was a little chilly this morning: 11 degrees with wind. It wasn't THAT bad, however. I had a very enjoyable 5 mile run with some good friends. I am getting more and more focused on running the Louisville marathon for my next attempt at qualifying for Boston. I've already lost a few pounds in the last 2 weeks; several more to go. I have changed my eating habits and have totally cut sugar and all drinks but water. I made it through all the Christmas parties and festivities without one sweet! It's not been easy, but I want to go to Boston (in 2011)! Some of these measures are somewhat temporary.

Post-run today has been nothing but football! I don't know how many games I've watched today. There have been some really good ones. I loved the Rose Bowl! Didn't like the Outback bowl. While I was watching football I was also reading a couple of books - one on my Kindle and a hard copy.

Well, it's about time for some more beauty sleep. I know, I know, it doesn't look like I need any, but, hey, it's a preventive thing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't think you had ever had any beauty sleep!

Allen said...

You are SO funny!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!