Thursday, December 31, 2009

Got a Kindle!

Kedra and kids all chipped in and got me an Amazon Kindle for Christmas. Wow! I love it! It can hold 1500 books, and most of the books are less than $10. They download, literally, in less than a minute. Mental note: need to be careful about impulse buying!

I've also found that there are many Kindle books available for free. A lot of old classics are in this category. For example, I downloaded Augustine's Confessions for free. I'm about half way through it. I downloaded a couple other classics, The Scarlet Letter and Crime and Punishment.

I downloaded the complete NIV for about $6. I've already read one book on missional ecclesiology and am presently reading the book by Larry Bird and Magic Johnson. It's easier to read more with this handy little device!

One of the coolest parts of this tool is that you can "highlight" text with the cursor. It then saves all the highlights into a file that can be downloaded to a computer. This will be extremely helpful for me. I love to mark key thoughts in books, and now I can mark them AND have a copy of these on my computer. I have started a file on each Kindle book I am reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is very cool! Pat