Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thursday p.m.

We're in Nashville for the night. Rebecca and her friend Melissa really wanted to visit Lipscomb (again), so they are here for an LU Friday, which is a day designed to recruit new students. Kedra and I are staying with Earl and Rebecca L., our good friends. Earl is teaching a grad class this evening, so I am waiting on him to finish up. Any time I can spend with Earl is always good time.

We got here this evening in time to meet with Luke and Caroline. We ate at a place where you select all your food in a raw form, along with spices and sauces. It is then cooked on a Mongolian grill right in front of you. It was very good. We had a really nice visit. Luke is doing really well in school and seems to be thriving in all ways. We'll meet up with him again in the morning on campus.

I need to finish up my sermon tomorrow. I think it will come together pretty well, and I should have time in the Lipscomb library to work on it.

We had an interesting class last night. We had some good thoughts expressed about relationships at work and the need to really understand what is happening in people's lives.

This morning I took a little time to run with a couple of my running buddies. One of them was my main training partner for the Monumental Marathon. This was his first run since Saturday. He looked strong and said he felt fine. We were able to swap stories of the race. It was good to reconnect. I am still pondering my future...

No comments: