Monday, November 16, 2009

Should be able to use this for a while...

After years of waiting on a list, my three sons and I finally received season tickets to the Colts game this year. It's worked out pretty well. Whoever goes pays good old dad for the tickets, and he is dutifully saving this money for the purchase of next year's tickets. Not a bad plan.

Since dad only works on Sunday mornings, and most of the games kick off at 1 p.m., he doesn't get many opportunities to attend the games. He could have attended last night's Colts vs. Patriots game, which turned out to be one of the best games ever. Instead of exercising this option (right, perhaps) he chose to allow his lovely wife and his loving son to attend. Dad is now working on lists of appropriate responses to his lovingkindness.

4 comments:

Jason Petty said...

Try this: "Here's my Christmas list, in order from most expensive to least expensive. I'd really like to witness the best football game of the year, but since you took that from me, I'll settle for the most expensive item on my list."

Jason Petty said...

Have you tried out Rosetta Stone yet?

Allen said...

OH, I like the way you think! Thanks!

Yes, I have tried "the stone" and it is great! Now, my task is to identify/make the time to use it A LOT. My hope is to be able to communicate, at least a little, when I go to Honduras at the end of January.

Thanks for letting me it.

Jason Petty said...

No problem at all! I kept wanting to use it for my trips to Mexico but couldn't devote the time. I'll just try again after you master it!