Monday, October 05, 2009

Monday again

Wow, do the weeks fly by or what?

It's hard to believe that it is Monday again. It's OK. We had a very nice weekend. Friday evening Ben and I are were home alone; everyone else was out doing something somewhere. I tried to stay awake, and he did homework. ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

Saturday I got up early and started on a 20 mile run by myself, and then I joined up with other training partners. It was a really good run -- a confidence builder. I am averaging over 40 miles a week right now and hope to get 50 this week. One more week of hard training after this one and then the taper begins. The big day is Saturday November 7. [http://monumentalmarathon.com/] I am trying to figure out how hard to run this marathon. I don't think I am quite ready to run a Boston qualifier, but I am not sure. I am going to think really hard about it for the next 32 days.

After the run on Saturday Kedra, Ben, and I went to Butler and watched the football game. Lester was up in the press box filming, so Ben and I sneaked up there while Kedra and Maddie froze out in the elements. Oops. Oh well. We had great seats, and it was an awesome game. Butler won on a last second field goal, beating San Diego, a powerhouse in Division I 2a. Butler is now 5-0.

After the game we went to 5Guys and Fries, a really good hamburger place. Ben then spent the night with Lester and Maddie. He and Lester went to the Colts game yesterday after church. We were able to persuade Lester (joined by Maddie) to bring Ben all the way home. It was a very nice little surprise visit with them; short but sweet.

My computer got really sick Saturday evening. Dr. Todd has it. I hope it pulls through.

Our new series of teaching, I think, got off to a good start yesterday. Everyone seemed to receive it well, and we had a good discussion in our Life Group last night.

As soon as my computer gets fixed I will post the text for this week. If you want to go ahead and look, then it is Ephesians 4:24 - 5:2.

No comments: